Windows NT with Samba: Why input password twice?

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 30 16:08:29 UTC 2004

Hi, Linux gurus!

I configured Samba with encrypted password yes, and
alos enabled Windows NT plain text password to bring
the Windows NT to talk Samba. That is fine. One thing
bother me is that when Windows NT comes out, it first
ask to input the Windows password, then it ask me
input the Samba user password again. Is there any way
to avoid the second time to input the password.

I tried to set up the Samba security level= share and
the Windows NT just won't talk to Samba. My NT is SP6
upgraded. My Samba is 2.0.7.

Thanks a lot!

Fran Peng.