York University FirstClass Client

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 28 18:11:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:04 -0700, Qiang (James) Li wrote:
> given the usage of open source in York.

What?  Someone else runs linux here?
Even the hardcore science people are all Sun/SGI and think I'm a
communist.

> too bad that i don't even find an active linux club on
> campus.the yucc at CS department is almost dead organization.

It's not just computers though.  The Chemsitry club is dead, and the
physics and astronomy clubs are very small afaik.  Bio may be better.
It's not a great school for clubs anyway as most people are young and
commute to school.

Even Seneca has a Linux club AND and open-source initiative program!

Austin
--
Austin <aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org>