York University FirstClass Client

Qiang (James) Li shijialee-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 28 18:04:47 UTC 2004

--- Austin <aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 08:11 -0700, Qiang (James) Li wrote:
> > York uses debian and also serves debian image.
>
> Yes, and on-campus, the debian mirror is blisteringly fast.  I know most
> of our mail servers and such run debian as well.
>
> In the TEL building, most machines are dual booted with SuSe though, as
> it's jointly owned by Seneca College, who are very very pro-SuSe.
> Although it was very cool of Seneca to install linux on ALL
> workstations.
>
> Austin

given the usage of open source in York. too bad that i don't even find an active linux club on
campus.the yucc at CS department is almost dead organization.

btw, M$ is giving a talk @ York (also other universities too) about game development by Anthony
Vranic. need to register online here though.
http://www.microsoft.com/canada/campustour/default.mspx

Qiang