suse 9.1 pro

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 28 16:22:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:24:48AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> phil wrote:

> >>Likewise with my set.
> >

> >Vaguely related...I noticed at the UofT bookstore that there were 'full'
> >and 'update' boxes for 9.1 Pro.  I couldn't see anything on the update
> >version box that described any differences; nor could I see what version
> >one needed to be running in order for the update to be valid.  (On the
> >SuSE site I see that the update box has only one manual, but there too I
> >don't see any details about how 'update' is being defined.)
>
> Other than the manual, I don't believe there is any difference.

That's what the SuSE web site says, as I recall.  The newer
manuals are provided in source format on the CD/DVD distro,
but not in paper book form for the upgrade set.  The same disks
are provided in both packages.  (The upgrade package might
contain the small Quick Install manual - I don't remember
whether there was a complete lack of paper manuals or just
the large ones that were omitted.)