seeking WiFi router

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 27 20:42:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:36:21 -0400, David J Patrick
<davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm shopping for a WiFi (802.11b or g) router to use at home.
> Ideally it will feature 802.11g with ~4port ethernet. I have seen, on
> College St, Micro$soft and Netgear units, that seem to fit the bill.
> Anyone have any suggestions re: linux friendly hardware for a good price
> ?

The LinkSys WRT54G gets rather good reviews, particularly from the linux
front.  (this may have something to do with the fact that the router runs linux
internally)

Sveasoft provides some custom firmware:
http://www.sveasoft.com/

There's even a sourceforge project:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wifi-box/

Or how about just installing a userland to play with:
http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html

Currently selling for $85:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/networking2.html#wir

--