water, energy (definately not *nix related)

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 27 02:07:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Well, I expect mercury would fit that bill...

Good heat conductivity and very dense, but in terms of heat capacity per
kilogram, greatly inferior to water.

> but it has it's own sets of
> issues (like being toxic and that it can be absorbed through the skin)...

Metallic mercury isn't readily absorbed through the skin, last I heard,
although some mercury compounds are.  The big hazard with metallic mercury
is breathing the vapor.

It's also rather expensive.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org