TCCP: personal server co-location in Toronto

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 24 16:45:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:29:53PM -0400, Julian C. Dunn - Lists wrote:
> Does anyone need to co-locate a server, either for themselves or a
> small business? Recently I started a non-profit server co-location
> service in Toronto called the Toronto Community Co-Location Project.
> TCCP is part of a global movement bringing low-cost co-location
> services to individuals, non-profits, and small businesses, and is
> modelled upon the (immensely successful and now full)
> California Community Co-Location Project at www.communitycolo.net
>
> TCCP is an entirely volunteer-run operation, but client servers are
> professionally co-located at Peer 1 Network in downtown
> Toronto. Prices start at $100/mo to co-locate a 1U machine with a
> 128Kbps bandwidth commitment (95th). 100% of revenues go back into
> the operation.

Oh, I hate that 95% bandwidth crap.  Such a @#$@#$ pain.  Give me x bps
bandwidth max, and Y GB/month transfer so I can keep track of it easily.
I don't think I would ever personally sign up for anything using that
burstable bandwidth calculation system.

> If anyone's interested in putting a box in, you might want to check
> us out. We're not a commercial organization; we're doing this for the
> love of it and because we think there is a niche to be filled. Feel
> free to check out our website:
>
>          http://tccp.dreaming.org/
>
> I'm also happy to answer any questions personally.

Sounds neat overall.  No need for me personally, but neat.

Lennart Sorensen