new cable modem - and problems

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 24 16:30:48 UTC 2004

JK> You might try dhcpd or even a static address.

I'm starting to think that the problem is beyond the dhcp client.  I
tried connecting through dhcpd, but it kept saying that there was no
subnet specified...again, I don't know enough about this to know what
I should be specifying in the .conf file.

JK> Is there anyway you can hook up a hub and another computer, running
JK> ethereal?  If so, you could see what's happening on the wire.

JK> Can you try another computer, that's running Windows?  If that fails
JK> too, there's no way Rogers can use their "we don't support Linux" excuse.

 Well, there is an iBook that no one is using at work...OSX too.
 Perhaps I'll try patching that into the modem to see if I can
 connect.

 Cheers,

 Matt

--

Matt Cahill
                      m dash cahill at rogers dot com

 “Where did this idea come from that everybody deserves free education?
 Free medical care? Free whatever? It comes from Moscow. From Russia.
 It comes straight out of the pit of hell.”
 - Texas state Rep. Debbie Riddle