Linux based n-way router?

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 24 13:11:04 UTC 2004

I have 3 Slackware 7.1 routers with Rogers and
Sympatico.

I just picked up some junk computers with 32MB and put
a junk CDROM on it and installed Slackware 7.1.

Actually Slackware 3.3 will do the job and a computer
with 16M memory will work.

I did not set up DHCP. Each workstation just assign an
static IP address. Easy! Why bother with DHCP?

After I set them up, I put them in basement under
staircase or some where dark corner and I took the
monitor and CDROM away.

They just kept working for me for years. Rats and bugs
are doing the administor's job!

Frank Peng.