LF near enterprise level linux hardware vendors and resources

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 23 20:57:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 02:51:00PM -0400, Teddy Mills wrote:
> Anyone in the list have experience in System Integration right from
> start to implementation  of a
> Linux based small datacenter.  budget 20k to 50k. (maybe 100k)
>
> Q1 I am looking for URLs  and vendors of  near enterprise level hardware
> that works with Linux.
> Q2 Any vendors in the GTA that work with Linux and Enterprise level
> hardware?
>
> Stuff like...
> T1-T3,OC, Sonet, FibreChannel, SCSI-RAIDs, SANs, 10kVA UPS's...etc.
>
> There must be a webpage out there somewheres.....

Now sure about a dealer, but you won't go far with fibre channel with a
budget like that.  Interface cards alone for fibre channel are around
$2000 each as far as I know, and I have no idea what switches cost.

And isn't T1 links about $1000/month?

How large a setup (disk space, reliability, processing power, bandwidth,
etc) is this supposed to be?

Lennart Sorensen