Selection criteria

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 23 15:47:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 11:03:56AM -0400, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> Only 2 I could add to that list are:
>
> Dyne::Bolic - creating, editing, and streaming media
> Minix - programmers technical introduction to linux* (Book + OS)
>
> (* It's not linux, but makes a good start for programmers.  Did for me
> anyway; the transition from Windows through Minix to Linux didn't take
> terribly long.)

A transition from AmigaOS to QNX to DOS to Linux and then windows on the
other hand has never made me thing MS could write an OS that was
particularly good, although XP plays games OK. :)  The games that are
out for linux seem to run very well though, so maybe at some time
Windows will have no use at all.

Lennart Sorensen