Hello, been a while, dual CPU mobos

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 22 11:57:03 UTC 2004

> If there's a god in the universe, someone will start making PPC or G5
> mobos that are affordable (i.e. $500)
> This here is pretty sweet: http://www.apple.com/xserve
> and so is this: http://www.apple.com/xserve/cluster/

There is, alas, the assumption that probably won't turn out.

There are basically two vendors building PPC/G5 motherboards:
 - IBM, and
 - Apple.

Both are vendors that would much rather sell you full priced expensive
systems than mere motherboards.

Regrettably, I don't see any likelihood of them deciding:

  "Why bother?  We'll just become discount motherboard vendors instead!"
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/lsf.html