CD data recovery?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 21 04:35:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, James Knott wrote:

> The Edge of the Ice wrote:
>> Naturally gmail has decided to be helpful, and provided a relevant link:
>> http://www.acodisc.com
>>
>> Good luck! (your friend will need it; that and it'd probably still be
>> cheaper to
>> go and re-travel to get new discs rather than go through a data recovery
>> house)
>>

> I suspect that sort of service would fall into the "If you have to ask, you
> can't afford it." catagory.

Actually the faq of acodisc says they do most cds for under $70 but it
does not mention anything about using superglue and tape to put the pieces
back together. What exactly did they do with that checked baggage ? Did
they deliver it by air mail (dropped out of baggage hold before landing) ?
I'm interested just in case.

Peter