TM Server

The Edge of the Ice jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 20:31:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:26:30 -0400, Lennart Sorensen
> > 4. Usually, software has more fuction than you want,
> > such as MySQL.
> >
> > Based on this, I suggest you buy a best HP low end
> > server better than top end desktop.
>
> Hmm, never personally found HP to make particularly good hardware, but
> that's my taste I guess.  I don't even like brand name complete systems
> much.  Well HP does make some durable hardware, I just don't like the
> way it works by design.  It is often going to keep working the same
> anoying but reliable way for ever though.

I would personally avoid any HP desktop machine on the basis that they're
fugly proprietary plastic toys.  I don't know about their PC servers.
I have seen
some of the old HPPA workstations...THOSE were cool (or hot, depending; that
dual 180MHz box with a 1200W power supply probably has a non-trivial BTU
rating).

--
taa
/*eof*/