TM Server

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 20:14:55 UTC 2004

About Linux MySQL server, I would suggest:

1. Better hardware than fancy technology such as Raid
The rule is that the simple the better. If you have a
good hard drive, you cannot break it for 20 years. Why
bother with these fancy stuff? I suggest you choose
the best every piece of hardware.

2. Stable software better than the latest buggy
version. The simple the more stable. The more function
the more problems.

3. Never use anything else except Slackware Linux. It
is a crazy stable distribution. You start your project
on a 32MB Slackware computer, test out then move to
your new server.

4. Usually, software has more fuction than you want,
such as MySQL.

Based on this, I suggest you buy a best HP low end
server better than top end desktop.

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>