Sendmail Configuration

Wil McGilvery wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 18:58:23 UTC 2004

Does this help?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers/269

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager
Lynch Digital Media Inc

416-744-7949
416-716-3964 (cell)
1-866-314-4678
416-744-0406  FAX
www.LynchDigital.com <http://www.lynchdigital.com/>

________________________________

From: owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org [mailto:owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Gary
Major
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 1:08 PM
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Subject: [TLUG]: Sendmail Configuration

Good day folks,

Am trying to get sendmail working with SMTP AUTH to connect to
rogers.com business service. I have googled for the past couple of days
and have found a few tech notes on getting it to work, but to no avail.

I am able to send email from the email client, and it is recieved by my
local mail server which in turns sends it out to Rogers SMTP server, but
it gets bounced back saying that I failed to authenticate error 530. The
maillog reports an error message "Stat: Service Unavailable"

I am use Sendmail 8.12.x on RH 9.0.

I am a Sendmail newbie and not sure if I have all the required
information in the sendmail.mc file. I have created an authinfo file as
described, but not sure if it is picking it up correctly etc. I am not
at the home, so can't post any config files, but wondering if there is
any informatoin/howto etc. that someone can point me to that will help
get this working.

Many thanks.

Gary.