User group liaison

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 12:34:08 UTC 2004

Well, it looks like I'll be bringing the Novell stuff to some TLUG meetings.
>From my point of view I will not be acting as a Novell rep., as quite
frankly I don't care one way-or-the other about Novell. What I see myself
doing is distributing a corporate donation to the members of TLUG, not
unlike say the IBM staffers who periodically pass out copies "Linux
Journal". Yes, the IBM people get some promo out of all this, but it is also
making a useful resource available to the community.

The extent of my pitching will be along the lines of announcing at the start
of the meeting "I have some copies of a Novell magazine available for anyone
who wants it. If you do want a copy they are in a pile here, and help
yourself.". If nobody is interested then I will stop, if there is interest,
I will continue, simple, easy... In other words if they are helping us, I
will help them.

Oh, in case anyone is interested, I do NOT run Novell/SUSE at home or work
(I do run RedHat, Debian and for my router, Coyote Linux) and I have NO
plans to run Novell/SUSE in the foreseeable future...

Colin McGregor