I decided to go for 64bit.

Ilya Palagin tux-4CS0UopE6WdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 15 22:56:41 UTC 2004

Quoting Frank Peng <frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:

> Thank you guys enlighten me a lot. Now I decided to go
> for 64bit:
>
> Tyan 940 motherboard AGP8X
> 3.0 GHz Opteron
> 4GB memory
> ATI X2-256T video card
> 80GB SATA hard drive

But don't forget to make sure your SATA controller has a decent support in Linux
kernel.  Currently I can't achieve stability for SiI3112A Serial ATA in RH
Enterprise.  RedHat helpdesk replied that "official support for SATA controllers
is only limited to ICH5 chipset."  Of course, it doesn't mean that others aren't
supported, but this "half-supported" SiI3112A is a nightmare.