Hello All

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 14 20:20:06 UTC 2004

     Hello, I'm new to Toronto from Nova Scotia, and I'm looking
forward to a LUG that consists of more than just a mailing list like
NSLUG. As I'm new to Toronto, I have a couple of questions that I
figure some of the locals on this list might be able to help me out
with.
     Firstly, I'm looking into taking a Cisco CCNA course and I'm
curious what peoples experiences with the various places that offer
them have been. Are there any institutions that do an especially good
job of teaching the Cisco material? I'm looking for something like a
two month course, although good options for two week boot camp style
courses would also be useful. Are there any places I should avoid like
the plague?
     And secondly, now that I'm moved into Toronto I need a job. I'm
fairly skilled with computers in general, and linux especially (been
running Crux [www.crux.nu] exclusively for about four years now), but
I don't really have any pieces of paper to prove any of this (see
above). What's the best way to go about getting an entry level
position in town? I'd rather work tech support than flip burgers...

peace
Mike