4GB memory for Windows: just waste money?

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 14 17:06:48 UTC 2004

Lennart,

I thought Windows is 32bit OS. So it should be using
4GB memory instead of you said 3GB memory.

If that is true, I should back off to INTEL 915P which
has PCI Express port to drive ATI FIREGL V7100.

I know I should live with PNY FX3000/4000/3400. But
look at the price, it kills me instantly. Should I
live with 128MB PNY rather than 256MB ATI. They claim
the 3D performance is 8.0GB/sec and it is certified
with OPEN GL and DirectX9.0. ATI really scares?

ATI is a Canadian company. I wish them make some
money!

Thanks for any help!

Frank Peng.

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>