Need help for info to build a CAD workstation.

bassix bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 14 14:24:22 UTC 2004

Having worked on (sort of) CAD stations for many years, I would
strongly suggest running a dual video (2 monitors) setup. Another
thing is to use 2 identical monitors. I've worked in situations with a
large (main) and smaller (secondary) monitor (obviously suggested by a
non-CAD operator), that is very annoying! :-)

That's about all I can say... you seem to have the speed and memory
angle covered. I would however add maybe a larger hard drive (>100GB)
and also at least a CD-RW or even DVD-RW for transferring larger files
from the station.

Also on the monitor issue, make sure it can support 1600x1200
resolution at a good refresh rate (at least 85Hz). You might want to
go to 21" as well.