konq opens at logon

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 10 05:22:29 UTC 2004

Peter L. Peres wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Aaron Vegh wrote:
>
>> Did you install Knoppix correctly? Sounds like you simply copied the
>> CD files onto the harddrive.
>>
>> Under the Knoppix GUI environment, there's an application that allows
>> you to create a Knoppix install on your hard drive. That version
>> doesn't rely on the CD being installed, like the LiveCD version.
>

> That install did not alter the home page for me. It had to be done by
> hand in the konq properties afair (start page setting)

Do you mean 'Home URL' ? I don't see any 'start page setting'. Mine is
set to ~. However, the script or whatever must be giving instructions to
open /cdrom/index.html, which is then opened (by default) by Konqueror.
So, I think I need to know where this script or command is and kill it.

Chris

<snip>