Relocating to Toronto

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 10 02:33:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:38:29 -0300
Tim Goodaire <tgoodaire-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just taken a new job in Toronto, and will be moving there from
> Halifax around the beginning of October. I will be attending TLUG
> meetings, and look forward to meeting you all.
>
> I'm looking for some information, before I move to Toronto. I would like
> to know what my options are for ISPs, and which ones you folks
> recommend. In particular, do you know if any of them block port 25? All
> of the ISPs here in Halifax do, which is rather annoying if you're a
> geek who wants to run their own mailserver at home. What about
> connection speeds? Customer service?

Tim,

   Welcome to Toronto.

   Echo Online did not use to block port 25, and I was able to use a local mail server to transmit email.  Unfortunately, people I sending email to are on mail servers that block phone-in IP addresses.  I switched back to using EOL's mail server.

   Wouldn't it be fun to have some spammers tied up down in your basement and covered with peanut butter or something?

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org