Power Surge Protection

Sidney Shapiro sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 23:29:02 UTC 2004

Hi Devin,

I had a similar problem last year. Thank goodness for RAID and USB
hardrives, I managed to salvage most of my data even though my three primary
hard drives were ruined as well. I ended up going all out and buying a UPS
and surge power bars for all my devices, a 750 watt power supply with six
fans, a cooling case, and moving most of my drives into portable housings.
As a side note, I love the way the Metal Gear Box looks, I have two sitting
on top of my computer. See http://factorydirect.ca/images/specs/ME82091.jpg
In my case, it was a combination of poor ventilation, over heating (has too
many drives in the case), and unconditioned power.

Sid