Hello, been a while, dual CPU mobos

Michael Laccetti michael-1DHYbOjWH/jDO7Nk1fN4cQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 18:38:02 UTC 2004

Well, the P4 design allowed it to scale to speeds that the Athlon
XP/64/Opteron cannot.  It was a trade-off.  To get fast, they increased the
pipeline, added new instructions, etc, etc.  Hence the comparison of things
like a 2.2GHz AMD to a 3.2GHz P4.  More work per cycle vs. more cycles to
get things done.

Now, a dual core Pentium M...  That'd be sick.