running a server headless/keyboardless?

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 03:44:51 UTC 2004

Hi there,
I have a Compaq Deskpro (Celeron 500) running as my home server. I've
lately been running it headless -- no monitor, no keyboard or mouse --
and shelling in to do any maintenance. Since it's been up for weeks, I
haven't thought twice about it, till tonight when we had a power
failure. That's when I realized that the box won't reboot unless it's
got a keyboard plugged in.

is there a way to disable that requirement, in the BIOS, for example?

Thanks,
Aaron.