XP and Linux

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 8 15:28:44 UTC 2004

Linux does write on NTFS drives but it is not activated by default.  You
have to recompile a kernel and specify that you want to write on NTFS.
Be careful, it is clearly indicated that it is not recommended.  I do
not know neither why nor whether it is really unstable (I have never
tried this option).

However, if you really want to exchange some data between the 2 OSes and
want to play safe, there is an easy solution: create a FAT drive.  I did
it and it works flawlessly.

Gilles