(OT) VoIP

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 8 02:30:41 UTC 2004

> Just a quick question for my fellow TLUGers:
>
> Has anyone switched over to VoIP yet? If so, how well does it work?
> I've been reading up on it and the costs (and their lowness) intrigue
> me, but don't want to switch if the quality will drive the Mrs insane.

We're using it at work, through Telus, and modulo a couple of glitches
where service kicked out (and they are evidently working pretty hard to
eliminate that sort of thing), it works fine.

A friend has been using at home, with somewhat less success.
Connections had lots of little pauses.  But I'm not sure how fast his
connection is, and that could be a factor.
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/spreadsheets.html