Problem with nvidia installer

John Myshrall jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 3 16:42:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:06:44 -0400
jim ruxton <cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Thanks Lennart,
>  I'll have a look at this and see if it helps me up and running X.
> Seconding what John said, the documentation from NVIDIA says that dri
> and GLcore should be removed but I agree if it works leave it alone,
> look what happened to me : ( .
> Jim

<big snip>

I had this problem with Debian. I got spoiled by the Suse install. Debian is great as well.

BTW GLcore and dri are both removed on my system

Try running

ldd `which glxgears' | grep libGL

You may have a problem with the libGL.so and LibGL.so.1. Check /usr/lib/tls. If for some reason they stay linked try renaming.
The files that should be used are the libGL.so.(your version#) and libGL.so.1.(your version#).  They will be in the same directory.

HTH

John