Problem with nvidia installer

jim ruxton cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 2 18:41:48 UTC 2004

> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:16:10AM -0400, jim ruxton wrote:
> > Hi I'm trying to install the latest nvidia driver and can't seem to get
> > it to work. Below I've posted the results of the XF86config log as well
> > as XF86Config itself. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what is
> > wrong. I'm using Fedora 1 and a low latency kernel from Planet CCRMA.
> > Thanks
> > Jim
> >
> [snip]
> [snip]
>
> Well it looks like the kernel module doesn't have everything the X
> driver wants.  Is the kernel module the same version as the driver (6111
> in this case I guess)?  Bad things happen if they don't match.
>
> I have 6111 working just fine on 2.6.7 on Debian, so the driver is
> capable of working at least.  I did use the Debian installer for it
> though, not nvidia's installer.
Thanks Lennart,
I got rid of a lot of errors by putting
 Load "fb"
in my XF86Config file . Now I'm left with the following errors. Is it
possible to see your XF86Config file?

Symbol xf86XvMCDestroyAdaptorRec from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol xf86XvMCCreateAdaptorRec from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o is unresolved!

*** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
*** be the reason for the server aborting.

This is what I have on my system

 Here is what I have in /usr/X11R6/lib/ What am I missing??
[jim at localhost lib]$ ls libXv*
libXv.a libXvMCNVIDIA.a libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6111 libXv.so.1
libXvMC.a libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 libXv.so

Jim