selfhosted(live)CD question

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 2 01:06:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Bob Findlay wrote:

> With generous assistance from Steve Meyer (recent TLUG speaker) I have
> managed to create a selfhosted(live)CD for the SIMPL open source project
> which I facilitate (https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl).
>
> At this stage this CD is intended as a learning aid for the SIMPL toolset.
>
> In an ideal world the user would pop the CD into the drive and boot off it.
> They would then insert their work floppy (or key) and have it mount to the
> filesystem transparently.
>
> Does anyone know a way to autodetect and mount a floppy upon insertion?

Man hotpplug. Normally hotplug loads a driver. Under kde it also makes an
icon. Since it's a script, you can change it to also mount the media,
check for a magic piece of data that confirms that it's the right kind of
media contents and then execute a certain script or program on it.
Obviously this is a security problem once you publish it.

hope this helps,

Peter