Shrinking Images

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 1 02:35:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:14:48 -0400
"Hoshil N. Desai" <hoshildesai-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I know this topic was discussed not long ago, but I didn't pay much
> attention to it at that time and I am now paying the price.
>
> I have about 650 jpeg's (approx. 1.5 MB each) from a recent family reunion.
> I need to shrink them down and start e-mailing them and/or posting them on
> my site.
>
> I would prefer a command line interface.  I don't have a monitor connected
> to my Linux machine.  I normally ssh into Linux from a windows machine.
>
> If someone could point me to the archive or even better if someone has
> already done this could pass some first hand knowledge, I would appreciate
> it.   And not to waste anyone else's time with a repetitive question, you
> could contact me off the list.
>
> Thank you,
> Hoshil

Hoshil,

   My problem is quickly posting large numbers of JPEGs to a website.  I am very lazy.

   Take a look at my BASH script at http://home.eol.ca/~hgibson/mkJPEGdir.

   Type in the command by itself and it explains its syntax.  Being a BASH script, you can just study the damn thing.  The web page title must be enclosed in quotes.  Any directories with spaces in them must be enclosed in quotes.

   You must have ImageMagick installed.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org