Shrinking Images

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 1 01:17:33 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 08:14 am, Hoshil N. Desai wrote:

> I have about 650 jpeg's (approx. 1.5 MB each) from a recent family reunion.
> I need to shrink them down and start e-mailing them and/or posting them on
> my site.
Here is a short bash script that you can use.
give it a name ,something like 'reduce'
#! /bin/bash
for file in *.jpg
do
convert $file -resize $1x$1 $file
done
xxxxxxxxxx
Have the script in the directory where you have a *copy*  of all your 650
files.
Usage: reduce NNN
NNN is the desired pixel size e.g 1200
All your 650 pictures will be converted to this new size, regardless of the
original size.
John