linuxcaffe; distros and desktops

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 31 16:16:37 UTC 2004

I guess the best optimization is to start with good source code and
consistent programming practices! Remember decision tables? Probably not,
they don't teach those things anymore... But many years ago when memory
was outrageously expensive and processor speeds were a fraction of what we
get today, every bit (literally) of optimization had its value in a
program.

You can find interesting optimization articles on the AMD web site, go to
the "Technical Documentation" section and select a processor, such as the
Athlon. The general optimization examples can apply to any x86 processor.

 François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>