linuxcaffe; distros and desktops

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 30 22:54:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 03:20:11PM -0400, Noah John Gellner wrote
> I have been wondering about the differences between -O2 and -O3. I
> typically use -O2, but I am starting to experiment about -O3. For a P4
> 2.4 w/ 684M of RAM, should -O3 be faster?

  There will be a little benefit, but not that much.  According to the
online gcc manual at...

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.2/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options

-O3
    Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2
and also turns on the -finline-functions, -fweb and -frename-registers
options.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did