Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 30 08:54:08 UTC 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 02:33, David J Patrick wrote:
> > If not, I'll lend a hand to get it online!
>
> /That's/ the spirit !
> What's your area of enthusiasm/ expertise ?

In the past two years, one of my best achievements was setting up a pxes thin
client system at work.  About 20 clients, over a mixture of 100Mbps and
10mbps (It runs fine BTW).

Using pxes as a base saved quite a bit of time for us as it gave me a great
base to go off (Had to do a lot of hacking IIRC to finish the job)

These days, some of the thin clients have printers hooked up and a acting as
print servers.  Sound though, I haven't tried (not a requirement).

Other than that, my next biggest project has been building information systems
with php, java and MySQL.   ...I have different views about MySQL now, and
think postgreSql would have been better.

Then there's the wireless networking I've done, the VPN for the WAN and yada
yada... Do you want my Resume? ;)

Regards,

David