Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 28 10:41:14 UTC 2004

At 06:08 PM 10/26/04 -0400, you wrote:

>William Park wrote:
>>>On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, David J Patrick wrote:
>>>How do people feel about a change of venue for the November meeting?  I
>>>can't make a ruling I just send the meeting announcements out :)
>>>
>>>Seriously though, how would it be if Linuxcaffe became the regular meeting
>>>venue?  I'm just throwing this out as an idea which Patrick can feel free
>>>to object to :)
>>
>>I'm all for the change of venue.

I think it is a solid idea, too. I don't have a car and have to come from
the western limits
of Mississauga (walkable to Oakville boundary) so a meeting place close to
the subway
could be far more practical for me and others who have no personal
transportation means.

It sounds like this could be a great factor to coalesce a lot of people and
activities on
Linux and, if well supported and attended (not just the meetings), could
become a hub
of sorts for the Linux community around Metro Toronto and surrounding
areas. Wanna know
whats happening with Linux in Toronto? Just be in touch with the Linuxcaffe
Note that a display of Linux presence (not just listserves) does not have
to be limited to
just meeting days to mingle with real, live Linux lovers and experts if it
becomes the
place to gravitate to to for our local linux community :-).

Sounds so far like there is resounding support all round! How about
considering having the
NewTLUG group meetings there, too.

Bill Mudry