Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 19:28:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, David J Patrick wrote:

> backups ? you think we need backups ??

Oh yes.  At least for the system.  It is ok to not backup user data if you
make that completely clear to them.  Peronally I'd enforce a quota and
backup user data if the backup media could handle it.

> >   May I suggest XFS
> sure. Reiser4 not ready for primetime anyway.

For sure.

> for sure ! adjustable size; just add money !

Exactly ;)

> Oh, and, it's David.
> You can all me Patrick, though, as long as I can call you Brockway !

Sure you can call me Brockway.  This is how I was known throughout my High
school years in the greatest British tradition (we Aussies retain quite a
few British traditions though we are loath to admit it generally).

Rob

--
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.
Phone: 416-669-3073, Email: rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org, http://www.opentrend.net