Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 04:14:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 06:40:16PM -0400, David J Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 16:27, William Park wrote:
> >
> > Will you be installing computer stations much like "Internet Cafe"
> > types?  Thin-client is the canonical solution for this, and I can give a
> > hand with that, if you like.
>
> Did I not mention internet caffe ? Silly me !
> I have debated thin client at length, but worry about performance.
> Rather than the typical rows of terminals, I plan to aquire a motly
> assortment of elderly thinkpad laptops (233mhz+) spray painted by local
> artists. These I plan to load with a common base, (debian ?) a lighter
> desktop (XFWM ? Gnome 2.8+ if it will keep up) and to "top up" with apps

I recommend
    - Slackware because it's only 2GB full install,
    - Fvwm95 because it looks like Windows95.

Will you be selling those laptops, after people decided that they like
the laptop that they've been using for the last few days?  It would be
an interesting way of selling used laptops.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>