Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 26 18:28:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 13:46, Robert Brockway wrote:

> There is a speaker (I brief mention went out at the end of the last
> meeting announcement) but you could not follow-up with a brief discussion
> of Linuxcaffe.

Sound reasonable, who's the speaker, and what's the topic ?

> How do people feel about a change of venue for the November meeting?  I
> can't make a ruling I just send the meeting announcements out :)

Understood. If we reach a consensus, super ! otherwise I'll just stump
my way back to the ol' Galbraith bldg. (I went last time, to catch Emma
Janes' talk, but as I didn't have the room number, I spent the better
part of an hour walking the halls hoping to hear that penguin chatter.
Eventually I gave up and skulked off to the GSU and by the time the
merry troup came by, I had to go.)

> Seriously though, how would it be if Linuxcaffe became the regular meeting
> venue?  I'm just throwing this out as an idea which Patrick can feel free
> to object to :)

   I must admit that I have been thinking along those lines as well.
It's very easy to get to via TTC (1 block south of Christie subway, will
seat about 30 (45, when the patio is going) Will have a projection
screen, food, beer (once we get our license, and any time with special
event lisence) WiFi, monitors in the ceiling, running linux (of course),
the only thing it won't have is proprietary software ! (well, not from
any convicted monopolists, anyway)
   I could close the doors to the (non TLUG) public every second
Tuesday, if interest was demonstrable.