SUSE ISO files?

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 26 16:59:01 UTC 2004

I downloaded the ISO file for the Personal Edition last week, it is on the
SuSE download page. It fits on a 700MB CD and is bootable.

http://www.suse.com/en/private/download/ftp/personal_iso_int.html

The pages have changed since, there used to be a picture of a CD inviting
the download of the free Personal Edition, but it looks like they want to
encourage people to get the Professional Edition and pay for it now!

It is still 700 MB to download through the internet though, so it is not
really practical for a dial-up connection!

The Personal Edition come complete with all of the KDE and OpenOffice
tools, but it has no compiler, which you can download from the FTP page
and add later.

 François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>