Sympatico getting slow--my 2 cents

Teddy Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 25 15:35:09 UTC 2004

Well i use to have this problem like 2 years ago with Sympaticos email
servers...
Just like you said..Receiving email often not a problem, but sending
email, their SMTP servers were  sometimes impossible.

I changed from an Airport Base Station to a SMC Barricade, and this
greatly improved SMTP sending.   Sympatico doest want
to discuss anything that is behind a NAT, or not their equipment (a
quick and easy cop-out, rather than saying their port 25 filtering
and email servers are too loaded down and is still messed up) And the
fact they dont allow any other SMTP outs other than their own, just
means more SMTP problems for them and their clients.

I would have though they would have fixed this up by now!!!

Anyways, either go with web-based email,  or ditch Sympatico and find
another provider with a better SMTP solution.
Or if your truly daring..get a local static ip server and setup your own
postfix or qmail server!  That'll be quite the learning  experience! :)