SuSE 9.1 and large Windows partitions

Igor Denisov denisov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 22 21:24:32 UTC 2004

For some reason, although with a similar config, I haven't had this problem.
I am running dual boot, win 2k off a 40GB ata (c drive for windows)
and SUSE 9.1 off a  80 GB SATA, split evenly between Linux and
Windoze. So far (aka the last ~5-6 months), no problems booting into
win2k.

However, on a related topic, my SUSE install doesn't always boot up,
just sort of hangs there with the progress bar stuck in the beginning,
no HD activity, nothing at all. After a restart, it boots up properly
and works fine.
At this point it boots up right ~95% of the time. Has anyone else had
this problem? Is there any sort of remedy?

Igor