LF Simple but functional local and remote linux system monitoring

Teddy Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 22 15:12:37 UTC 2004

I tried installing Zabbix,  it requires NET-SNMP, and getting SNMP
server and
clients to work on both Fedora Core 2 and Windows servers it is getting
way way too complicated.

Isnt there a more simple and easy to use system monitoring tool out
there, that is

1) reasonably easy to install
2) preferrably doesnt require SNMP, or Perl modules, or  other gotcha's
that you have to go search, install  and get working
3) can  remotely monitor several linux and windows servers...
4) is web based and can provide graphs

I understand if I dont use SNMP, then I have to go with a less accurate
polling monitoring system.
I dont care, as long as it works.