SuSE 9.1 and large Windows partitions

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 22 14:03:25 UTC 2004

Hi gang,

Perhaps some of you know about this already, but I thought it would be of
general interest. Last night during my second installation of the Personal
SuSE Linux 9.1 I ran into a tricky problem where my Windoze ME partion
(yep, I need to keep it for now!) would not boot after installing SuSE
9.1. There was originally one big Windoze 40GB partition that was reduced
by half  by "parted" to create the Linux partitions on the disk. On ly
Linux would boot after the installation.

Apparently this problem is not only with SuSE, it occurs with other 2.6
kernel distributions. There is a fix that can be downloaded.

Read all aboutit on:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/fhassel_windows_not_booting91.html

Regards,

 François Ouellette