Sympatico slow

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 19:15:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:56:14 -0400
Lennart Sorensen disseminated the following:

> When you sign up you provide a contact email, which they will use to
> communicate the setup details.  Using one that you are about to cancel
> is not a good idea.  I still get my billing invoices sent to the email I
> used for signing up with istop.  gmail, yahoo mail, etc would be better
> since you don't loose those when you switch.  Once setup I am sure you
> can have all your stuff sent to user-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org but during setup you need
> another one that won't be disappearing right when you switch.
>
> At least that was the case 6 months ago.

Actually, I called IStop (no 800 number??) and they did give me some advice in
this regard. Sympatico will apparently not cancel until the end of the billing
cycle anyhow, so I just put in the order to cancel, place the order with IStop
immediately, whereupon they send an e-mail right away with the billing
info/invoice, so I can't see missing it. As soon as I pay the bill, I'm active.
I'm going to allow for a couple of days overlap so there's minimal downtime.
IStop's advice was to pay their invoice 7 days ahead of the Sympatico
cancellation, then like you say I should just be able to change the billing
info(ie. e-mail address).

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
15:07:56 up 77 days, 14:57, 8 users, load average: 0.05, 0.10, 0.25
and death." -- Vandana Shiva, World Social Forum, January 16, 2004