pow() function question

talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 18:04:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Lloyd D Budd wrote:

> On 20-Oct-04, at 10:39, talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> >
> >> What library does one have to link in to enable the pow() function in
> >> a C
> >> program?
> >
> > [alex at foobar alex]$ man pow
> > EXP(3)                   Linux Programmer's Manual
> > EXP(3)
> >
> > NAME
> >        exp, log, log10, pow - exponential, logarithmic and power
> > functions
> >
> > SYNOPSIS
> >        #include <math.h>
> >
> > Now you know how to find out.
>
> Though that does not seem to be the answer
> <http://forums.devshed.com/t131478/s.html>

My bad -- I got the meaning that there was a compiler error, but instead
it was a linker error ('What library..').

Actually I'm surprised that 'man pow' doesn't say something intelligent
like "Don't forget that this function is contained in library X" or
something like that. The last time I did substantial C development, I
believe c0_std.lib (or whatever it was called) contained the entire
run-time library.

Going in the other direction, how would you list the functions stored in a
library?

Alex