Sympatico slow

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 16:54:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:58:02 -0400
Lennart Sorensen disseminated the following:

> > Now I just have to wait for the fscking IStop web page to load...
> >
> > Anything anyone can tell me about what I should have ready for the switch? I
> > already have an Alcatel Speed Touch modem and a router that manages my
> > internet
> > connection, should be pretty seamless, no?
>
> Your modem or Bell's modem?  If Bell's they will want it back.

No, this is one I picked up a ways back when I was 1st considering switching.

> You will of course have to go change the account info in the PPPoE setup
> of the router.  That should take care of most of it.  I suggest NOT
> using your sympatico email address to sign up with another ISP of
> course.

Sorry to be thick, but I'm not sure what you mean here. Surely I can use
'joehill at istop dot com', no?

My userid at Bell is not the same e-mail as my 'joehill' address, if that is the
issue.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
12:45:49 up 77 days, 12:35, 8 users, load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.04