Sympatico getting real slow?

Mike Kirk mike.kirk-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 11:22:12 UTC 2004

> I've been putting off ditching Sympatico, but I'm curious, are other
Sympatico
> subscribers noticing a severe slowdown/timeouts recently?
>
> I don't relish having to change all my e-mail subscriptions, but I'm
thinkin'
> it's time to call Ralph.

I'm at Yonge + Eglinton and my connections have been consistently fast. I
watch things pretty closely with MRTG and IOG, so if I got any kind of
severe drop (i.e. 5 KB/s as one poster suggested) I'd notice.

I switched to Sympatico about a year ago now. At the time I had been a cable
customer for years (first in London, then Yonge + Finch, then Yonge +
Eglinton) and although cable was OK, DSL at the time offered higher upload
speeds... so I switched. I've been happy with Sympatico, other than for
awhile when I switched to Ultra and the connection would reset (and thus my
IP as well) up to a dozen times a day. Dropping back to 3000/800 solved the
problem (an honestly the extra 1000 download wasn't worth it).

Anyways that's my little story... :)

   Mike