Sympatico slow

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 00:35:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:12:41 -0400
Fraser Campbell disseminated the following:

> > Sympatico's service was actually O.k. for quite a while, but since their
> > link up with Microsoft service has been atrocious. I too will be
> > switching to Istop in the very near future.
>
> Hmmm, last night on Sympatico (my mothers computer):
>
>   Fetched 6600kB in 21s (301kB/s)
>
> Same time, my computer (istop):
>
>   Fetched 6600kB in 57s (114kB/s)

As someone pointed out, location may be a factor. I'm in the west end, around
East Mall and Dundas, anyone else in this area with some input?

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
20:33:57 up 76 days, 20:23, 8 users, load average: 0.32, 0.17, 0.14